Call us:  (561) 898-0633
Family Law Lawyer Stephen L. Winig, Esq.'s Logo

West Palm Beach Divorce Modification Enforcement Attorney

Stephen Winig is highly experienced
								in Divorce Modification Enforcement cases

Divorce Modification Enforcement

Our Family Law Practice in West Palm Beach

Occasionally after a court order, situations may change that warrant a modification to the program, be it alimony, child support, or child custody. There are many reasons that could make a modification necessary: change in financial status, relocation, or a change in availability, to name a few. Petitioning the court may be necessary if the two parties cannot reach a decision on their own.

On occasion, a party decides that they are not going to adhere to the terms court’s order. To enforce child support, alimony, or visitation standards, it may be necessary to take the other party to court to settle the issue. The Court has the power and authority to impose powerful remedies including contempt of court, wage garnishments for nonpayment, and impose liens to compel payment.

Contact West Palm Beach Divorce Attorney Steve Winig to begin the process, and take the right steps to protect your family.

Divorce Modification

After a Final Judgment is entered, one of the parties may have a change of circumstances which requires the modification of said judgment.

What can be modified?

Parties may seek to modify the following including, but not limited to:

  • Alimony
  • Child Support
  • Child Custody
  • Parental Responsibility
  • Time Sharing

How can I Modify my Final Judgment?

If both parties are in agreement with the proposed modification, the parties can draft an agreement clearly stating the modification terms. However, if both parties are not in agreement, the party requesting modification must file a Supplemental Petition for Modification setting forth what he or she wishes to modify. The Supplemental Petition must also state the substantial change in circumstance which has occurred since the Final Judgment was entered and explain why the requested modification is warranted. In modification cases, the parties are often ordered to attend mediation in an effort to resolve the issue prior to hearing. If the parties are unable to come to an agreement, the Court will then hear the matter and make an appropriate determination.

Contact Winig Law to begin the process, and take the right steps to protect your family.

Contact Us

We would be glad to have feedback from you. Drop us a line, whether it is a comment, a question or just a hello. You can use either the form below or the contact details on the right.

Modification Enforcement Page Contact Form
Palm Beach County Office:

The Winig Law Firm, P.A.
1615 Forum Pl, Suite 3A
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Phone: (561) 898-0633 | Fax: (561) 683-1559