You need someone skilled in child related injury laws. You need personal injury attorney Steven Winig. Call Today... Contact Us
Injuries To Children
We all know that getting hurt is a regular part of childhood. Children can get cuts, scrapes, sprains, broken bones and other injuries simply from playing outside, participating in sports or not following their parents’ instructions. But what is truly unacceptable is when a child is injured as a result of negligence.
If your child has been injured because of someone else’s negligence, your child has a right to fair compensation. An experienced West Palm Beach personal injury attorney can help you pursue the justice your child deserves.
CLAIMS INVOLVING INJURIES TO CHILDREN
It is every parent’s nightmare: their child is seriously injured by a third party. Obviously, it is a heart-wrenching situation regardless of how the injury happens. However, when you believe that somebody else is at fault, anger and a desire for accountability become part of the equation as well. Unfortunately, injuries happen to children through no fault of their own way too often. Below we discuss some of the more common sources of these injuries and how Florida law allows you to hold the other party accountable.
While we know that no one wants to see a child hurt, negligent behavior that injures children is all too commonplace in today’s society. Fortunately, by speaking to a legal professional, you can improve your chances of recovering compensation for these injuries.
HELPING INJURED CHILDREN
If your child has been injured in any situation caused by someone else’s negligence, our firm can help. The majority of injuries to children comes from the negligence of others. You hear and see reports of negligent injuries to children all the time. Examples include:
- Negligent supervision and security at schools and day cares: Institutions responsible for taking care of other people’s children must provide adequate supervision and security in order to protect those children from injuries.
- School bus accidents: School bus drivers are under a particularly strong obligation to protect their passengers by driving safely and putting a stop to dangerous behavior.
- Lead poisoning: Lead paint exposure can cause serious brain damage in young children. Landlords have a duty to take appropriate steps to protect children from lead poisoning.
- Scalding injuries: If your child was injured by scalding hot water, we may be able to hold property owner accountable for failing to use water temperature regulators.
- Lack of window guards: Landlords who fail to provide window guards in apartments that house young children are making a serious and potentially fatal error.
- Car accidents: Nobody expects young children to be as careful as adults in traffic. When drivers see children in their vicinity, they need to be particularly careful while driving.
- Dangerous playground equipment
- Defective children’s toys or products
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Accidents due to speeding or drunk drivers;
- Slip and fall accidents caused by unsafe conditions;
- Failing to control dangerous animals
MAXIMUM COMPENSATION FOR YOUR CHILD’S INJURIES
Florida has special legal standards and rules that govern cases involving injuries to children. All settlements must be approved by a judge, and settlement funds must be placed in trust accounts and sometimes structured, meaning paid out over time. We understand the rules that affect our clients and are experienced at working within them.
Depending on the severity of your child’s injury, you may need to visit the doctor’s office many times and take time off work in order to care for your child.
If your child was injured, we may be able to help you obtain damages for the following:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Future loss of income (if the injury is permanent)
- Disfigurement / loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Mental and emotional anguish
No child should have to go through the trauma of a serious injury. Our firm is dedicated to holding wrongdoers accountable. Let us put our experience and passion to work for you.
WINIG LAW: FIGHTING TO PROTECT YOUR CHILD’S RIGHTS
No one should get away with putting a child’s safety at risk. If someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing caused your child to be seriously injured, you can turn to our Palm Beach personal injury law firm for help with your personal injury claim. We work relentlessly to hold negligent parties responsible and to see to it that victims are properly compensated for their damages.
Personal Injury Attorney Steven L. Winig, Esq. is a member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, and is licensed to practice before all
Florida State Courts, as well as the United States District Courts for Southern and Middle Florida.
Winig Law routinely handles cases throughout Palm Beach County including West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Wellington,
Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, Greenacres, Lake Worth, Royal Palm Beach and surrounding areas.
We would be glad to have feedback from you. Drop us a line, whether it is a comment, a question or just a hello. You can use either the form below or the contact details on the right.
The Winig Law Firm, P.A.
1615 Forum Pl, Suite 3A